As a registered NDIS service provider Engedi will be able to continue to provide a range of supports and services to people with a disability in the Mackay Community. Part of this role will include Support Coordination.
In relation to the NDIA’s definition of Support Coordination, the primary role of a Support Coordinator is to:
• Support implementation of all supports in the plan, including informal, mainstream and community, as well as funded supports
• Strengthen and enhance the participant’s abilities to coordinate supports and participate in the community
• Ensure mainstream services meet their obligations (i.e. housing, education, justice, health)
• Build the capacity of the participant to achieve greater independence to self-direct services and supports in the longer term
• Provide the NDIA with reports on outcomes and success indicators within the agreed reporting frequency
Engedi is already working with people with a disability in the Mackay Community to prepare and plan for the transition to the NDIS. The NDIS rollout in Mackay will be November 2016.
Engedi has been providing services to people with a disability in the Mackay Community for over 30 years beginning with Engedi Respite House and now providing Flexible and In Home Respite, Supported Accommodation, individual Community Access and Learning and Lifeskills, School Holiday Program and a number of centre based group day programs such as Learning & Lifeskills, Sensory Program and Art Program. All supports are provided on a person centred individualised basis.
Engedi is a truly local organisation operating only in the Mackay Community. Engedi was built on the underpinning philosophy and belief that each person is a valued member of society, and has a right to lead fulfilling and valued lives. Engedi respects the diversity of all people and their families and places high value on their human worth and dignity.